Everbuild 335 Construction Silicone
335 Construction Silicone is a low modulus reactive cure silicone sealant specially formulated as a cost-effective PVCu sealant, which also adheres to many common building substrates. Tested to ISO 8339 and ISO 10590/10563.
EVERFLEX SILICONE 335 CONSTRUCTION is a low modulus, reactive curing silicone sealant that cures quickly to reduce dirt pick up. It remains permanently flexible, forming a weather tight rubber-like seal. Silicone 335 has been tested to ISO8339 and ISO10590/10563.
- • Faster curing than conventional low mod sealants.
- • Extremely low dirt pick up.
- • Flexible - movement accommodation of +/- 25%.
- • Waterproof seal
- • Contains a powerful anti fungal compound to prevent mould growth.
Areas For Use
- • Sealing around PVCu profile, trim and cladding.
- • Perimeter pointing to PVCu, timber and metal window and door frames.*
- • Weathersealing to pre-formed panels and formwork.
- • Glass to glass and glass to aluminium weathersealing.
- • Cap glazing and remedial glazing sealing.
- • General draughtproofing..
- • Not for use in conjunction with bitumen, or asphalt. Use WEATHERMATE SILICONE
- • Do not use on lead or soft metals. Use LEAD MATE SILICONE.
- • On highly porous surfaces such as new concrete, priming is advised or use SILICONE 450.
- • Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvent or plasticisers.
- • Do not use in the vicinity of, or in conjunction with the edge sealant of double glazed units. Use SILICONE 450.
- • Use on uPVC and plastic components: Due to the wide variety and quality of these materials, the user must always carry out an adhesion test prior to use. For optimum adhesion, use SILICONE 600 or SILICONE 450. Thermal movement of PVC-u frames can be excessive. This product accommodates movement of +/- 25% of the joint width. For a higher movement factor use SILICONE 600 or SILICONE 450. When perimeter pointing to G.G.F standards, use only SILICONE 450 neutral cure.
- • Overpainting is not possible, so on applications where overpainting is required, use WEATHER MATE isoacrylic sealant (external only) or MIRROR MATE (internal or external use).
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. Glass, metal and aluminium should be cleaned with a proprietary solvent cleaner prior to application for optimum adhesion. Porous surfaces may require priming - a small area should be tested first.
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Improve adhesion by wiping surface with EVERFLEX PVC SOLVENT CLEANER (pvc) EVERFLEX GLASS CLEANER (glass) or white spirits (painted surfaces). Priming is generally not required, although we always advise testing small areas prior to use.
Joint design should be as follows:
Minimum width: 6mm. Movement capacity will be impaired if the depth of the joint is greater than the width. For maximum movement accommodation, it is recommended that:
- 1. The joint depth should be no less than 5mm
- 2. Joint depth should be 5mm for joints up to 10mm wide
- 3. Joints above 10mm in width should be half the width in depth up to 20mm and minimum 10mm for wider joints
For deep joints, reduce depth by using EVERFLEX FIX AND FILL FOAM or a suitable joint backer rod. All joints should be designed so that the seal is placed in a position which does not retain water or form a water trap. Triangular fillets should be no less than 12mm across the face and should be finished with a flat or convex face.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle of 45o with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wood wetted with linseed oil or white spirits. An improved joint appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5 minutes of application