Everbuild Firemate Sealant
Fire Mate Sealant is an intumescent acrylic sealant that swells when exposed to temperatures in excess of 125°C to prevent the passage of fire and smoke and has a fire rating of up to 4 hours in certain joint configurations. Fire rated to BS 476 Part 20/EN1366-4 (2006). Acoustic rates to BS EN ISO 140/3. Tested for air permeability to EN13141-1.
EVERFLEX FIRE MATE is a five hour rated, one part, emulsion acrylic based, intumescent Acoustic sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures. Tested following the principles of BS EN 1366-4:2006 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No. 181967 (May 2009). Acoustic rated to BS EN ISO 140/3. Tested for air permeability to EN13141-1. The product, in suitably designed joints will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant.
- • When exposed to heat, it swells greater than 3 x its original size, so creating a char that will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours.
- • No priming required for most construction substrates
- • Flexibility factor 12.5%
- • For use in joints up to 50mm wide.
- • Excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening - Average noise reduction of 35.9db (100-3150Hz)
- • Non slump - easy to apply and tool off.
- • Fast cure - tack free in 15 minutes.
- • Overpaintable.
Areas For Use
- • Sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire walls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
- • For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated door and window frames.
- • Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvents or plasticisers.
- • Not for use where joints are constantly immersed in water, or as part of structural glazing systems.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application.
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Improve adhesion by wiping surface with EVERBUILD GLASS CLEANER allowing all solvent to evaporate before applying sealant. Priming is generally not required, although we always advise testing small areas prior to use. Large voids should first be filled with EVERBUILD FIREFOAM B1 to maximize fire rating.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle of 45o with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wood wetted with linseed oil or white spirits. An improved joint appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5 minutes of application
Single seal joints should be on the fire rated side of the structure.