Everbuild Galvamate Sealant
EVERFLEX GALVA MATE is a high performance adhesive and sealant specifically designed for sealing high and low velocity ducting in heating and ventilation applications.
- • Very strong adhesion to galvanized and stainless steel surfaces.
- • Excellent slump resistance.
- • Remains permanently flexible.
- • Quick skinning and curing.
- • Contains a high level of fungicide to prevent mould growth in areas of high humidity.
- • Overpaintable when cured.
Areas For Use
- • For sealing high velocity ducting
- • For sealing ventilation grills/jointing etc.
- • For internal use only.
- • Do not use in areas of high abrasion or below ground level.
- • Do not use on surfaces which bleed oils or plasticisers.
- • Do not use in contact with bitumen or asphalt.
- • Cure time may be extended in cold or damp conditions.
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. May be applied to damp, but not wet surfaces.
When assembling ducting joints, particular reference should be made to the guidelines set out by the Heating and Ventilation Contractors Association.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45’ with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. Smooth down within 20 minutes of application using a wetted spatula, piece of wood or wetted finger. Care should be taken at this point not to saturate the surface as this will delay drying. Any excess sealant etc., can be removed using a sponge and warm water. A small amount of shrinkage occurs on cure. If a flush finish is required, fill the joint slightly proud of surface to allow for shrinkage.